Friday, October 29, 2010

The Horseman

In honor of Halloween David and I have been watching "scary movies." Now, I am the first to admit that I'm pretty particular about scary movies. We've seen a ton of them and they're either great, a general waste of time, or absolutely horrible. The Horseman was horrible.

We chose it because it had a known actor in it. Granted it is Dennis Quad, not our favorite, but at least we'd heard the name before. It is about a forensic scientist that is investigating a case. Add some ethos, some children, and some blood, and you've got yourself a scary movie. Oh, and don't forget the religion.

I had a hard time following the movie, or at least paying enough attention to know exactly what was going on. Throughout the movie there are people hanging from hooks. Now I don't hang from hooks, but some people like that sort of thing. It was the main shock value in the movie - not all that shocking.

I give it 1 1/2 stars. It get the bonus 1/2 star because I didn't turn it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment