Saturday, August 6, 2011

Medicine messes with your head

Hello, dear reader(s)? I hope you're doing well.

I've been on hiatus while recovering from yet another set back in The Great Hip Adventure. But after three months of crutches and two months of my brother living here, I'm back in business. Or at least I'm able to exist without heavy-duty pain pills. It is good to be able to think and feel again. I'm quite enjoying it.

I've learned in this process that the pain pills were affecting more than my ability to think, they were affecting my personality. Someone has said that I was fairly pliable and that I often succumbed to the wants of others without giving it much thought. I believe that's how it was, and I didn't do anything intentionally, but it feels good to be able to think for myself.

I'd like to share more of that thinking by blogging more often. I have no idea if anyone reads this, and it is a mute point because I like writing it. It is my hope that someone reads it and, if they don't find enjoyment out of it, at least they know not to come back. ;-) For, you see, Aubrey is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment