Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Monday, Full of Waiting

First real day of "vacation."  I should add that we came up here because my grandma is very sick, so vacation isn't exactly the right word.  But we are having bits of fun throughout the week.

My kids love Grandma's house.  There are new toys - that have been down here forever! - and plenty of space to run.  Most of the toys involve imagination and the kids are eating that up.  Good times....until...

My daughter stuck her head between two spindles of a banister.  She got stuck.  She pulled, and tugged, and screamed, and was shaking.  We had to call 911 for help to get her unstuck.  I'm so grateful they could come!  My daughter held close to me for the rest of the evening.  I can't imagine how scary it was for her.

All in all, things are going alright.  It is hard to see Grandma sick, but I'm glad to be up here.  I haven't seen any friends yet (partially because I was so exhausted yesterday) but I'm hoping to see some tonight.  I treasure kid-free time.  I also love the friends I have here, friendships that have survived distance and time.  Something so comfortable in that.

1 comment:

  1. Vacation IS a loose word when there are so many struggles with the heart. Here's a gift of strength... BOOM! Did you get it? <3

    ReplyDelete