Monday, September 3, 2012

My Journey

I haven't written in a long time.  Seems like that's how this blog goes - I write a bit, then stop for a long time, then feel like I need to write about the time in between.  I am not going to do that this time.  I am unapologetic for the lapse in blog-writing.  While I love doing it, it is not high on my list of priorities.  I'm a busy person.  So I think I will just pick up here, where I left off.

I have decided to make a gratitude list.  My goal is to write a list of five things a day.  I did this for almost a year and it was a good experience.  So, here it goes.

1.  David working on the church website.  He doesn't have to do the website at all, and he is really working hard at it.  I appreciate that and am grateful that he's willing to do it.

2.  Karma pooped in the potty for the first time.  I love it.

3.  Cameras.  

4.  Sebastian's viola work, especially when he really gets good tone.  Natural talent.

5.  Friends that convince you that cleaning out your email is just like cleaning house.


I am living with self-esteem that seems to keep gradually getting worse.  This gratitude list is part of my journey to regain some of my self-worth.  My first instinct is to keep it private but I know that there are so many other people that feel the same way.  Therefore, this blog, this process is for US not for me.  Does that mean that anyone will have better self-esteem as a result?  No, no guarantees around here.  But action is better than inaction.  Or at least I'm going to believe that as I continue to write this blog.  


P.S.  I will probably add in political opinions throughout this blog.  'Tis the season.  I will separate the topics though and give you fair warning.  


1 comment:

  1. HAHAHA!! If I had EVER considered that my e-mail cleanup qualified for cleaning, I would have been a much happier person all along!!! lol

    ReplyDelete