Monday, September 19, 2011

Bridesmaids

I haven't written about the (gazillion) movies we watch around here.  Ok, so sometimes we only watch 15 minutes of the movie, but I only write about movies I've seen all the way through.

So, here it goes: Bridesmaids.

I was expecting some sort of sassy, slightly annoying movie about how wonderful women are together.  Which, let's face it, is often fictional.  But I loved that there was a woman stealing the thunder and running the whole thing.  I identified with the jealousy.  And I found this movie both entertaining and something I could see myself in.  Well done, (probably) male white writers, well done.

Would I purchase this movie?  Nope.  Would I keep it if given to me?  Probably.  Would I seek it out to watch it with my best girlfriends?  Absolutely.  The fact that one character reminded me of a friend makes it that much more necessary to watch it with others.

You know, the best part about this movie is that I saw it with one of my favorite people.  She and I haven't been to a movie sans kids, and while I like Megamind, I really like a grown up movie.  Huzzah for Girl's Night Out!

3 solid stars

P.S.  Don't stick around for the scene after the credits.  Trust me.  I'm still in therapy for that one.








1 comment:

  1. I read this in my google reader... yesterday? So I didn't actually comment, just savored. I'll consider myself forewarned for that end-of-film credit. ;)

    ReplyDelete