Thursday, April 7, 2011

Meet Me in St. Louis

I had watched a few hard-core movies lately, and needed something light and with music. Meet Me in St. Louis seemed like a good choice for two reasons. One, I had never seen it before. (*gasp!*) Two, I love flowy skirts.

Aside from the annoying and yet catchy song "Meet Me in St. Louis" I really enjoyed the movie. Predictable? Yes, certainly. Annoying children as comic relief? Of course! Father who believes he is in charge yet Mum is running the show? What family doesn't have that dynamic? I particularly enjoyed the scene in which Ester is beating up her "crush." You know the show will end on a happy note when there is cat-scratching abuse going on.

I wouldn't purchase the movie, but I'd watch it on a lazy weekend.

3 out of 5 stars. (One star automatically taken away because of that horrible song)

No comments:

Post a Comment