Sunday, January 24, 2010

4th Kind

This was a date night movie, seen in the theaters. I had forgotten what the movie was about until we got in and settled, only to realize it was an alien movie. I was stuck in a wheelchair so I couldn't gracefully excuse myself to the restroom when it got scary - which was often. It reminded me of Blair Witch Project sans jerky camera shots. The acting was good, almost copied acting from more popular actors. The movie takes place in Alaska, and the swooping scenery shots were nice additions to the movie, although not necessary. The children were minor parts in the actual movie, but critical to the storyline...which was good writing because they were not experienced actors and their acting was not exceptional. It was an interesting story, paralleling re-enactments with "actual footage," doubling the level of fear in this alien-phobic viewer. There were some religious indications in the movie, with possible interpretations out the wazzo, and it gave me some ideas to consider. You leave the movie without an actual ending - no real resolution. Very unnerving!

4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment