Thursday, January 28, 2010

Takin' care of the body

I wonder if anyone would notice if I stopped all grooming. Not hygiene things, no way!, but the plucking, and shaving, and painting, and chemically removing hair-ing. Not to mention the things I do to my poor locks.

I couldn't shave my legs for a month. Well, to be fair, I still can't, but my husband used some Veet on these monsters and they are now bare. It made me feel scroungy, even though nobody knew I was 3 pounds heavier because of my leg hair. (Lol, sorry, tmi.) I guess it is just in my head, you know?

I like the grooming though. I like painting my fingernails and messing with my hair. I wish my hair could change colors more often, I'm just not girlie enough. I feel better with myself when I've taken time to look nice. I tend to want to look like Helena Bonhem Carter, so most people think I haven't done my hair in months, but I know the truth - and I like it. It takes work to make it look that bad, lol.

Grooming is a good pick-me-up too. Let's face it, you can't do much else while you're painting your nails. Like many moms, I am helping everyone else all day long, that 10 minutes is a nice oasis. And you literally CAN'T do anything for those few minutes...very refreshing! So, feminism be damned, I will continue to burn my leg hair off of my legs. I like it, darn it!

No comments:

Post a Comment