Sunday, January 24, 2010

The rules

So now that I've started a blog, I've been thinking about what I want to write in said blog. I'm at a cross-roads of sorts and I have a lot of time to think, and narrowing down my options has been difficult. Therefore, I think I will write about anything and everything I think I want to write about. Today may be politics, tomorrow might be celery stalks. I'd love to write every day, but we'll have to see about that. I'm not holding myself to any goals right now, given the state of affairs in my life. Cross roads can be difficult to navigate.

I suppose, to be fair to anyone who might stumble upon this blog, that I should explain a few things. So, for the sake of simplicity, I'll write a biography just for you. I won't update it, and obviously the facts will change as time goes on, but you'll just have to continue to read other posts to get the juicy details as life progresses.

My name is Aubrey. I live in Dallas with my husband, son, daughter, dog, and cat. We are obnoxiously stereotypically normal: husband works, I stay at home, son is 4, daughter is 4 months. Dog and cat even get along. We go to playdates and play in the playplaces at McDonalds. While I wish it were different, my kids will probably end up in public schools. They eat gluten and hotdogs, and we don't go to church every Sunday. They could make a sitcom out of our boring lives, although nobody would watch it because it looks just like everyone elses' lives.

But there's more to it than that. For one, I just got my hip replaced. I'm disabled - wow, that sounds so weird. I use a walker for now, but will soon graduate to a cane, then to nothing. It is the cross-roads you've heard about. In a few months it will be over. Right now it is a miserable sort of thing to go through. I wouldn't suggest it just for fun.

I think, dear readers, that's all I'd like to share for now. Stay tuned, I'm more dynamic than one might think. I have things to say, and I won't shut up.

P.S. I will also review movies on here, especially since I get to watch a lot of movies right now. The title of the blog will indicate the movie reviewed. No other musings will be in the movie review, so you can skip them and not miss out on any big secrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment