Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

David has been wanting to watch the american version of this movie since it came out. Let's face it, the score was written by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, directed by David Fincher.  I could have been a cartoon about an elephant - he was going to watch it. 

The movie was relatively long and complex.  Not long to the point of disinterest nor complex enough to be exhausting.  A lot of character and plot development.  Haunting graphic scenes, a strong sense of justice both run through the movie.  Enough moments of levity to keep it enjoyable.  History meets technology, family secrets meet the light of day.  Really the story is fantastic.

I am looking forward to reading the book.  I have never met a movie that was better than the book on which it was based.  Despite the length and sadness of the movie, I did not want it to end. 

I always judge a movie based on two factors.  One, would I watch it again?  Two, would I own it.  Yes on both accounts.  I can not give it five out of five stars, as this is a rating saved for the absolute best of the best.  I will however give it 4 1/2 stars.  A job well done. 



I will return to writing about some sociological irritant tomorrow.  It is respite Wednesday my lovelies.

2 comments:

  1. Look at YOU! You're on a roll!!! I don't know if I will watch it--disturbing is hard for me, even if the content is interesting. I'm glad you liked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can "I love you" be my reply to every post?

    ReplyDelete