Tuesday, March 20, 2012

"Those people."  Two words that communicate disdain and elitism.  Words that I hate...they are the way 'polite company' discusses shared bigotry without getting too close to off-collar vocabulary.  Bigotry in code.  Oh my, sophisticated bigotry.  I thought that bigotry only happened when "those people" don't like people that are the 'wrong' color.  (Insert eye-roll here, please.)*

Bigotry is wrong.  No person is better than any other person.  Let me say it again, NO person is better than any other person.  People make different choices, have different lives.  We are all the same, start out all the same.  All that energy thinking you're better than someone else.  C'mon, seriously?  Give it up.  Bigotry reeks of a low self esteem.  

No worries though, we're all the same - low self esteem or not.  

*I am tired and got a little happy with the quotation marks.  Forgive me.

3 comments:

  1. You are so correct! Energy can be better spent on so many other things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Every man and every woman is a star." Liber AL vel Legis 1:3

    ReplyDelete