Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sit Down! (again)

In the never-ending healing after a total hip replacement, I've been ordered to sit. Again. Apparently I am doing "too much," which may not be entirely accurate. The doctor and nurse think they know more about artificial joints than I. I think they're used to talking to 70 year olds that don't have children to carry, houses to keep, play dates to play at, or YMCA classes to do. So, I am trying to take it easy for a bit, and pretend to be old.

So, to the couch I go, watching copious amounts of television, and letting my bone grow around my leg.

I'm also taking 9-ish Motrin a day.

And Mom is back, carrying the baby and taking care of things.

I'm so glad to have the help (Thanks Mom, I owe you one!...or three!) but I like living my life. I'm not 70 and don't do well acting as though I am. I am tragically bored. But I do have a few little goals to keep me occupied.

#1. Netflixs Wii. All movies, all the time. Some of them are horrible, but I'm willing to try anything once. I prefer this movie rental method over Blockbuster.com, which is amazing as I am an avid Blockbuster fan.

#2. Logic puzzles. I suck at them. I want to get better. So I am going to buy a book of them and practice until I get one right.

#3. VBS. Ok, this one isn't really for me. My son loves church, because there are kids there, so he is going to three VBS's this summer. Pretty good for the child of a mixed marriage (one Christian, one Atheist - never telling which one is which.)

#4. Getting caught up on "Weeds." See #1 for more specifics.

Grow bone grow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment